Mikhael completed his undergraduate studies in mathematics and completed both honours level courses and graduate level courses. Mikhael was also one of the youngest lawyers to be called in British Columbia.
Prior to forming Bear Creek Law LLP, Mikhael worked at a boutique criminal law firm in Vancouver which got him into court almost every single day.
Mikhael is also the proud recipient of numerous legal awards including:
- – The Law Foundation Scholarship (based on entering marks);
- – Malcom MacIntyre Memorial Entrance Scholarship in Law (based on faculty recommendation);
- – Law Students’ Legal Advice Program Pozer Award (top 1st year volunteer);
- – Law Students’ Legal Advice Program Stanton Award (top 2nd year volunteer); and
- – Harper Grey LLP Prize in Law and Medicine (top mark)
Mikhael’s analytical skills are matched up with extensive courtroom experience that he brings to Bear Creek Law LLP.
He has acted as counsel in:
- – The British Columbia Court of Appeal;
- – The Supreme Court of British Columbia
- – The Provincial Court of British Columbia,;
- – Tax Court of Canada;
- – Workers Compensation Appeal Tribunal;
- – RoadSafety BC;
- – B.C. Human Rights Tribunal and numerous other administrative tribunals.
When not in Court Mikhael’s interests include weightlifting, art, and travel. In addition to his private practice, Mikhael volunteers as a supervising lawyer with the Law Students’ Legal Advice Program, volunteers with the Lawyers Assistance Program, and holds an office as an Associate Warden with Holy Trinity Cathedral Church in New Westminster, B.C.
Preferred Practice Areas
Mikhael’s preferred practice areas include:
- – Employment law;
- – Criminal law;
- – ICBC issues;
- – Human rights law;
- – Consumer protection;
- – Administrative law.
Mikhael enjoys cases in which everything depends on winning the case and there is no margin for error.
In addition to English, Mikhael provides services to clients in Russian.
If you would like to set up an appointment with Mikhael please e-mail him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Bear Creek Law LLP at (604) 259-6200.